Summit Search Group is supporting In-Definite Arts in its search for a new Executive Director to lead the organization in advancing its mission to provide artists with developmental disabilities the means to create, exhibit, and sell art, and to advocate for inclusion in contemporary practice.
The Executive Director (ED), reporting to the Board of Directors, will be responsible for managing and growing the organization’s vision. This includes playing a key role in advancing an internal culture that fosters and celebrates individual creativity—where artists with disabilities can thrive, create, and be recognized for their work.
There are ten direct reports to the ED position that include: Program Director, Artistic Director, Artist Instructors, Facilities Coordinator, Client Services Attendant, Administrative Assistant and Accountant.
The In-Definite Arts studio comprises over 200 registered artists with developmental disabilities, as well as community-based programs for people of all abilities, and after-school children’s programs. In-Definite Arts is funded primarily through the Ministry of Human Services, Disability Services Program-PDD, Alberta Foundation for the Arts, and Calgary Arts Development office.
To learn more about In-Definite Arts’ vision, mission and philosophy visit indefinitearts.com.
In order to apply, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Ability to preserve and cultivate good working relationships with variable stakeholders, city and provincial governments, community programs (after school groups), donors, families, and volunteers.
- Ability to write and present effective funding proposals.
- Visionary skills to plan and execute strategies for continued improvement and growth of the organization.
- Marketing and Communications experience to promote the IDAS facility locally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Sound management skills to inspire and motivate staff, mentoring and team building skills, developing professional growth and human resource development.
- Sound communication skills, decisiveness, and delegation skills.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization, with people with disabilities, and a background in the arts would be an asset.
- Sound business acumen.
Candidates that are interested in exploring this opportunity further should reply in confidence to Robert Gosine, Managing Partner, Summit Search Group, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 403.705.3011.