The Visitor Services Assistant is a part-time position responsible for shaping the visitor experience at Studio Bell. This position reports to the Manager, Visitor and Venue Services and is supervised by the Visitor Services Team Lead.
Visitor Services Assistants are responsible for assisting with Front-Of-House (FOH) operations at Studio Bell including greeting and welcoming visitors and members, taking admissions, selling memberships and concert tickets, providing orientation to Studio Bell and the East Village neighbourhood, and assisting with NMC shop sales and inventory. Visitor Services Assistants will also assist in handling NMC’s Call Centre.
Applicants for this position must be available to work weekends and evenings.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest, in confidence, by email by Monday, March 27, 2017, at 4:00pm, to Cynthia Klaassen, Manager, Visitor and Venue Services, email@example.com.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking admission, selling memberships via point-of-sale (POS) and on-line systems.
- Handling opening and closing cash procedures.
- Assisting with general reception and visitor services, meeting and greeting the general public at the main entrance reception desk of Studio Bell.
- Providing general information about the NMC collection, exhibits and the community.
- Relaying accurate information about planned programs/events at Studio Bell and in Calgary.
- Handling entrance queues.
- Taking Call Centre shifts: Answering public inquiries, selling tickets and memberships, booking tours and school programs; fielding calls to appropriate staff members.
- Providing conflict resolution among visitors, staff and volunteers according to established procedures.
- Following Health and Safety standards and operations for Studio Bell to ensure a safe visitor experience.
- Assisting with NMC Shop sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on weekends and evenings.
- Previous experience in customer service, retail and/or hospitality an asset.
- Knowledge and comfort with POS and computer systems.
- Must enjoy interacting with the public, meeting new people, collaborating with internal staff, and partnering with volunteers.
- Possess excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
- Have the ability to communicate with visitors of all ages and demographics.
- The ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of all visitors to meet or exceed their expectations and establish an outstanding experience.
- Be able to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions to ensure the safety and security of visitors.
- Have general knowledge and interest in music, the city of Calgary, and local tourist attractions.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- French or another second language would be an asset.
This part-time position offers a flexible schedule with varying hours at a rate of $14.50 to $16 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Manager, Visitor Services and Earned Revenue
- Visitor Services Team Lead
- Box Office and Membership Coordinator
- Event Coordinators
- Programming Staff
- Café/Retail Operator
- Visitors and the general public