Artistic Director (P/T Contract)
- Posted by InsideOutTheatre on April 5th, 2011
Inside Out Theatre (IOT) is a community non-profit charitable organization for the past 20 years in Calgary, Alberta. IOT provides accessible theatre training opportunities for people with disabilities. Our mission is to enable participants with disabilities to enjoy engaging in and benefiting from a theatrical training program, workshops and culmination of a theatre production.
The successful candidate will be part of an energetic team of staff and volunteers that share a common passion for theatre.
The Artistic Director is responsible for the implementation of the artistic vision of Inside Out Theatre. This covers artistic programming, fund development, marketing and ambassadorship, networking and training, among other areas. In this leadership position, he/she reports directly to the Board of Directors, works closely with the Managing Director and Educational Coordinator, and supervises other artistic staff.
Duties and responsibilities
• Implement and coordinate artistic programs, performances and festivals.
• Liaison with media, partners, educational institutions and other third parties.
• Prepare budgets for artistic programs and events. Organize and attend meetings.
• Organize and coordinate fund raising events (e.g. casino). Administer funding (e.g. grants and private donations) and develop new funding streams.
• Develop and implement a marketing strategy.
• Represent IOT at networking events and conferences. Maintain and develop new partnerships.
• Develop and deliver innovative workshops and inservice training programs for staff, participants and volunteers.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Skills and qualifications
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• A post-secondary degree in Arts/Theatre/Drama/Creative Arts (Directing, Script Writing, Producing) is preferred and/or a minimum of 5 years theatre company/disability theatre experience.
• Part-time one-year contract. The hourly wage is $25/hour.
• Maximum 16 hours/week commitment.
• Occasional work on location and travel outside the City of Calgary is expected.
Submit cover letter and resume before April 8, 2011 to email@example.com. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the experience requirements. No phone calls please.