National Music Centre: Research Assistant
- Posted by NMC Chad on June 28th, 2012
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Research Assistant plays an important support role to the National Music Centre Campaign team. Working with volunteers and staff, the Research Assistant will research and develop research profiles on prospective National Music Centre supporters. The Research Assistant will also analyze the information gathered and make recommendations about engaging the prospect for the cultivation and solicitation of support for the National Music Centre Campaign.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Meeting the research needs of development staff and enabling them to meet fundraising goals.
- Use both standard and novel research techniques and tools to identify new prospects and complete donor background requests.
- Create profile reports tailored to development staff specifications.
- Analyze development reports for prospect linkage, interest and ability to support the National Music Centre Campaign.
- Review local and national news and business publications, keeping abreast of prospect information and local and national business developments and economic trends.
- Utilizing Raiser’s Edge to track/store profile data.
- Supporting the Database Administrator in data entry, report creation, mailing list generation and gift processing as required
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times and adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
The Research Assistant position is the primary support role for all collection activities. The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, enrolled in a graduate program resuming in the fall of 2012.
- The ability to make sound judgment, demonstrate the ability and fortitude to identify new prospects and sources of information and analyze information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office software, Raiser’s Edge, searching online databases and the Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and meet goals in a timely manner.
- Director of Development
- Development Staff
This position is a full time term contract from July to September 2012.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter on or before July 9, 2012 to:
Director of Development
134 - 11th Avenue SE Calgary AB T2G 0X5
or e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org