Durational and/or Performative Art Call for Submissions
- Posted by Epcor Centre fo... on November 2nd, 2010
EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts Visual & Media Arts Programming
DURATIONAL and/or PERFORMATIVE ART CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submission Guidelines & Application: All submissions must arrive by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, November 24, 2010. See PDF attached.
EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts is announcing a call for submissions for durational and/or performative works from Calgary artists. Programming will take place May 2011 and fall 2011. Each program will be three weeks in duration; an artist CARFAC fee of $1600.00 will be provided.
We are currently seeking submissions for art activity that may not generally be considered for regular gallery programming. These project activities include but are not limited to: labor intensive durational installation, time or series based performative pieces, community outreach or socially engaged art activities.
DURATIONAL/PERFORMATIVE ART: LEDGE GALLERY
This unique space is located in the +15 pedway system and overlooks Centre Court from the second floor of the Centre. The gallery has windows on two sides, a cement floor and track lighting.
Please note that unless the artist is present in the Ledge Gallery, the work is viewed from outside of the gallery looking in, the selected artists will be required to post their hours of activity. The Ledge is accessible from Monday – Sunday, 6:30 am – midnight.
There are two power outlets. The longest length of the space is 24 ft 11 inches (connects both spaces), the shortest length is 10 ft 6 inches (the space is constructed into two boxes that are connected to create one space, the second box is 13 ft 10 inches). There is also a balcony space that overlooks the downstairs hall.
Exhibitions will be promoted through digital media (email and EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts’ website).
Please note that the LEDGE Gallery is located in a high traffic area. Members of the public from all age groups and backgrounds will be viewing the artwork, for this reason programming must be suitable for all audiences.
All Submission must include the following information to be considered:
1. Application form (see PDF attached).
2. Proposal (maximum of 2 pages): Clearly outline your proposed project including a tentative schedule of activity within the gallery. Include any special installation requirements.
3. Artist Statement: (maximum of 1 page).
4. Artist Biography (maximum of 1 page).
5. Curriculum Vitae: (maximum of 3 pages).
6. Image list (included on the application form).
7. Support Material: A CD with no more than 15 JPEG images (300 dpi and sized to 800 pixels maximum) and/or a DVD for video (no longer than 5 minutes in length). All images must be numbered and labeled to match the corresponding image list.
8. Self-addressed stamped envelope: submissions will not be returned without the SASE. Postage must be valid for mailing from within Canada.
Please ensure that your name and title of the proposed project is clearly marked on each part of the submission, including all support material. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS, PROPOSALS WITH STAPLES OR FOLDERS. Note that EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts is not responsible for the loss or damage, however caused, of materials submitted in support of an application.
PLEASE NOTE: Slides, website address, printed images and VHS tapes will not be reviewed.
Please address your submission to:
EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts
c/o Tammy McGrath: Visual & Media Arts Programming
205-8th Avenue SE
T2G 0K9 For more information please email: email@example.com
|Call for Submissions Performative art_ Nov 2010.pdf||99.3 KB|