Part time Summer Employment Opportunity at Swirl Fine Art & Design
- Posted by swirlfineart on April 23rd, 2010
Position: Commercial Gallery Attendant
Address: 104, 100 7th Ave. SW
Terms: 15-25 hours per week, June 1 to August 31, 2010
Wage: $13.00 per hour
Deadline: May 15th, 2010
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• Gallery attendants must be interested in art and able to talk about art with gallery visitors (good communication skills are essential.) P
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Cash handling and debit/credit card experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quick-books and graphic design software
• Confident in use of hand tools.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handling inquiries by telephone, in person and through emails.
• Opening and closing of the gallery
• Insuring the safety and security of the art while in the gallery
• Handling and packing/unpacking works of art.
• Gaining a comprehensive knowledge of each exhibition by reading the catalog and related information to be able to answer queries from visitors.
• Preparing invoices and sales receipts for clients
• Daily maintenance of gallery including cleaning of surfaces and floors, replacement of bulbs
• Photographing and hanging of art works in the gallery
• Ability to make minor modifications to digital photographs in Photo-shop.
• Catalog and post merchandise on website.
• Assist Gallery with events and initiatives as necessary
Application process: candidates can submit an application in confidence to email@example.com. Applications for this position should include a cover letter and resume, describing in detail relevant computer knowledge and experience. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.