Theatre Junction GRAND - Technical Coordinator
- Posted by Tod Petersen on August 7th, 2012
Theatre Junction GRAND, Calgary’s culturehouse for contemporary live arts, seeks an experienced Technical Coordinator to oversee all technical elements related to produced and presented work in our season, and for venue rentals to arts partners and various corporate clients.
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Technical Coordinator is responsible for scheduling all technical staff for events, sourcing additional equipment as needed, organizing technical requirements for our in-house new creations and overseeing technical staff at productions and events.
The ideal candidate will be efficient, strategic, resourceful, a strong leader and a team player. In return we offer an exciting and fun work environment, collaborating with leading national and international artists and the opportunity to work alongside a creative team on new creations and national/international tours.
This is a 9-month full time position, during the company’s performance season September through May, and is renewable each year for the right candidate.
• A degree or equivalent certificate in a technical theatre program from a recognized institution
• At least 2 years’ working experience in a related position
• Knowledge of and experience with building practices and materials
• Knowledge of and experience with current lighting and audio practices and equipment
• Knowledge of and experience with current entertainment industry rigging equipment and practices
• Knowledge of live production safety standards and procedures
• A working familiarity with VectorWorks and/or AutoCAD programs
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Demonstrated leadership skills, effective working relationships and experience with managing or supervising a team
• A creative and curious passion for the arts, and familiarity with contemporary theatre and dance
• Excellent relational, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to strategize, prioritize, organize and follow through in a timely manner on multiple projects at once
• A valid drivers license and ability to drive a 5-ton transport vehicle
• Working with the Director of Production regarding scheduling and coordinating all theatre, studio and production activities.
• Scheduling and leading production meetings as necessary with Director of Production, technicians, facility manager and group responsible for upcoming events.
• Identifying and informing Director of Production of any technical rental requirements.
• Preparing invoices as related to technical aspects and FOH needs of the event
• Supervising all technical staff
• Preparing and distributing detailed production schedules
• Overseeing events/performances
• Representing Theatre Junction to our clients as needed
If you are passionate about the arts and want to work with a great team in a leading contemporary theatre, please apply with cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: August 21, 2012