April 25, 2022 Shaw Pride Marches On Temporary Art Installation at Memorial Park We recognize that these art installations will be placed on the ancestral territories of the First Nations of Treaty 7. This is the home of the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of Blackfoot, Stoney Nakoda, and Tsuut’ina Nations, as well as Métis Region 3, as communities who continue to protect and care for the land for generations to come. For the third year in a row, Shaw, in partnership with Calgary Pride, The City of Calgary, and Calgary Arts Development, seeks the participation of four 2SLGBTQ+ or BIPOC artists or artist teams with public art experience to create four temporary art mural installations (one mural per artist/artist team) at the four corner entrances to Memorial Park in celebration of Calgary Pride, 2022. At Shaw, we believe that belonging, inclusion, and diversity enhances our culture and creates value for our employees, our customers, and our shareholders. Shaw has been participating with Calgary Pride for more than six years. We wish to continue advocating equality alongside our employees, as this is one of Shaw’s core values. Year after year we see the number of Shaw employees and leaders participating in Calgary Pride events increase, helping to create a work environment where people from the 2SLGBTQ+ community feel they can be their authentic selves. This has also given us the opportunity to continue to educate our teams on what it means to be an ally, and helped Shaw receive recognition as Canada’s Best Diversity Employers 2020. Calgary Request for Artist Proposals Deadline for Submissions: Monday, June 6, 2022, 5:00pm MT Total Fee: $10,000 per mural Download the Request for Proposals as a PDF Eligibility This call is open to established and emerging artists and artist teams, especially in the 2SLGBTQ+ and BIPOC artist communities. Applicants must have mural painting experience. Artist Selection Schedule Deadline for Submissions: Monday, June 6, 2022, 5:00pm MT Shortlisted Artists Notified: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 Deadline to Submit Final Design for Approval: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 5:00pm MT Installation: Thursday, August 12, 2022 (weather permitting) Budget Total Fee: $10,000 per mural Fees are in Canadian funds and are inclusive of artist’s design, installation and labour, and artist’s professional fee. Shaw will provide all reasonable materials and supplies based on accepted proposal. See the Request for Proposals for specific details. Submission: Submissions must include: Statement of interest and concept. Current resume and bio for all artists. Image examples of artist’s work that give a sense of skill and approach to project. Proposal mural design. Confirmation of one-day installation timeline. Acceptance of terms of submission installation details. Applicants are asked to submit a 250-word concept description, and draft design of their proposed artwork appropriate for the dimensions of the site and theme of the program. Shortlisted artists will submit a final design and concept for The City of Calgary and Shaw to review and approve. This final design must be site specific and take into consideration exact measurements, non-paintable areas, layout within the site, and colour choices. Revisions may be requested and once approved, there can be no further changes to the design. Upon acceptance of final design and contract signature, artist will invoice for 25% of mural payment. Remaining 75% to be invoiced following installation. Site Information The location of mural installation is on the corners of Memorial Park in Calgary. Please see the Call to Artists for specific site details. Artists will be assigned one of the following corners of Memorial Park located at: Memorial Park Entrance SE Corner (2nd St. & 13th Ave.) Memorial Park Entrance NE Corner (2nd St. & 12th Ave.) Memorial Park Entrance SW Corner (4th St. & 13th Ave.) Memorial Park Entrance NW Corner (4th St. & 12th Ave.) A rainbow path will be applied along the perimeter of Memorial Park to connect the four mural corners. Mural installation will take place on Thursday, August 12 (weather permitting). Accessibility This temporary art installation is open to artists of all levels of physical and mental ability. Any artists who have accessibility concerns regarding submitting a proposal can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for more information or to submit a proposal in person. How to Apply Download the full for more information on how to apply. The deadline for submissions is 5:00pm MT on June 6, 2022. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with any questions.