Momo Movement is shaping how disability is felt, perceived, understood, experienced, hailed and resounded through performance, classes and community building. By working individually with each performer, Momo is innovating one-size-fits-one training and developing unique ensemble creation methods that are highly collaborative and participatory, with the aim of discovering and presenting new disability arts aesthetics in movement performance. During our classes, we consider the needs of each individual in the room and structure the class to inspire participants to explore how their body can move.
Momo Movement seeks a friendly, organized person to manage the day-to-day administration of our small disability arts company. We enthusiastically encourage qualified candidates with visible and/or invisible disabilities to apply for this position. The qualified candidate will be the third member of the Momo staff team and will be dedicated to supporting the increased growth of the company.
- Data entry
- Class administration
- Registration and confirmation
- Invoicing and fee collection
- Email management
- Triage and disseminate messages
- Respond to general queries
- Front-end customer service
- Email and phone
- Volunteer management
- Administrative support to the general manager and artistic director as required.
- Research and reporting as assigned, e.g. compile a spreadsheet of disability serving organizations that work with youth.
- Assistance with event planning and management.
- Confident and capable with the Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel especially.
- Confident and capable of using web-based tools like Google Drive.
- Confident and capable inputting figures into bookkeeping software like Quickbooks.
- Respect, empathy, and admiration for all people regardless of ability, disability, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, physical appearance, body size, race or religion.
This position is five hours/week and the preferred schedule is Tuesdays, 10:00am to 3:00pm. Additional hours may be scheduled to support events on evenings and weekends.
The position is compensated at $17/hour.
The successful candidate will be required to work in Momo Movement’s office located at the Indefinite Arts Centre (8038 Fairmount Dr. SE). The office is completely accessible.
Please send a resume and cover letter to the general manager, Talia Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org. Other application and interview arrangements can also be made by sending an email to the above address or calling 403.826.9955.
The competition for this position closes March 30, 2019.
Only those candidates we choose to interview will be contacted.