Come work with us in the arts hub that is cSPACE King Edward.
The Alexandra Writers Centre Society is a non-profit organization and a registered charity that supports local creative writers. From one-day workshops, weekend intensives, multi-week classes and a variety of other programs, our focus is to build a community of writers who support and encourage each other in their writing efforts.
Founded in 1981, the AWCS now boasts a community of over 500 local writers and as our programs keep growing, we are in need of an office administrator.
This is a part/time, entry-level position with the opportunity for advancement.
The successful candidate should:
- Have an interest in creative writing and/or the arts.
- Be active in the local literary or arts community
- Be organized, and a quick learner.
- Able to prioritize tasks.
- Work well in a sometimes, hectic environment
- Good communication skills: orally and written.
- Have a basic understanding of computers and software: MS Office—Word/Excel, Quickbooks.
- Be familiar with social media platforms—Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Able to work well with a team or alone.
- Event planning experience would be an asset, but not mandatory.
Basics duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phones and emails, general inquiries.
- Welcoming guests to the centre processing registrations (online, phone, walk-in).
- Maintaining membership database and renewals.
- Preparing class lists, instructor folders and course notifications.
- Website and social media updates.
- Assist with new program development and member social/writing events.
Flexible hours, mostly days, some evening and weekends may be required.
Training will be provided.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to Robin van Eck, Executive Director, by email email@example.com with a cover letter introducing yourself and why you think you would be the best candidate for the position, your experience with the local arts community, and a resume.
Posting Closes: June 15, 2019.
Interviews will be conducted late June with a start date in July.
Thank you to everyone who applies. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.