The pace and complexity of organizational life is increasing. Organizations need leaders who can look at challenges in new ways and move beyond old patterns toward solutions. Design thinking opens opportunities for finding ingenious solutions to complex challenges by delivering new insights and radically expanding on ideas that frame both our understanding of a problem and its possible solutions.
Innovative, leading-edge companies such as Apple harness the power of design thinking to set themselves apart from competitors. Leading by Design prepares leaders and high performers to create new ideas, leverage unexpected opportunities, and most importantly, to act quickly to effect change with more lasting results.
Leaders attending this program will learn to leverage the power of design thinking to support their leadership and the goals of their organization. You will gain new skills to inspire innovation and guide you in leading others tasked to deliver on your organization’s vision.
What does the Program Offer?
- Identify who you are trying to serve and understand their needs.
- Build empathy and a context to explain how those you serve act and why they do what they do.
- Create and execute on new and unexpected ways to solve your challenges.
- Put your ideas into the world faster so you can learn about their strengths and weaknesses.
- Increase the overall speed and impact of project initiatives.
- Create a bias for action in your organization.
- Learn by doing—try it, prototype it, and improve it.
- Generate new insights and solutions through the use of a new toolkit to help your team think collaboratively and work on projects together.
Who Should Register?
This program is an ideal fit for those who are responsible for a permanent or project-based team that serves internal or external partners within the private, public, or not-for-profit sector.
About Banff Centre Leadership Programs
Banff Centre Leadership programs integrate the power of the arts, the wisdom of Indigenous practice, and the extraordinary beauty of Banff National Park to prepare and empower the next generation of leaders.
Programs help participants bring creative and reflective approaches to a rapidly changing world, and connect leaders with others who share their commitment to positive change in Indigenous communities, businesses, non-profit organizations, cultural institutions, and government.
Registration Deadline: May 14, 2019
Program Dates: May 26 – 30, 2019
For more information or to register, visit banffcentre.ca