Every leader—no matter how competent and outwardly successful—reaches a challenging point where he or she must pause and take stock of what matters most in life. Some may realize their external life has come with a steep inner price—perhaps the loss of connection to something vital. Some may feel stuck in a story too small for the person they sense they can become. Others face complex leadership challenges that require the cultivation of their own deeper capacities.
Foundations of Purpose uses a range of practices that support participants to explore and navigate this critical leadership threshold, and to reconnect with what poet David Whyte calls “your own truth at the centre of the image you were born with.” Tapping into their own deep creative intelligence and exploring profound personal questions will enable participants to clarify the next steps on their journey. The process will bring a renewed sense of meaning and purpose to participants’ work of leading and making change in these turbulent times.
What does this Program Offer?
- Learn and practice the arts of deep listening, expanded awareness and skillful inquiry.
- Engage imagination and exploration of the natural world to track the threads of the deeper story that calls you to the next phase of your leadership journey.
- Explore the real world applications of models of human development and the emerging science of human potential.
- Generate new insight and possibilities using techniques drawn from the creative, expressive and somatic arts.
- Develop sustaining practices to align your actions and decisions with your singular purpose and internal commitments; quickly connect with and move from your most centered and skillful presence, and cultivate your own wholeness.
Who Should Register
Foundations of Purpose is designed for those who yearn to bring their deepest and most creative potential to their work, and who aspire to make a unique contribution to the world. The program will have a particular relevance for seasoned leaders and influencers who find themselves in transition, holding profound questions, or perhaps standing at a critical crossroads or developmental threshold.
Those who find themselves at the ‘edge’ of the stories that have sustained, defined, and empowered them will feel at home here. The program is not a good fit—and may be profoundly destabilizing—for those who want everything in their life and work to stay just the way it is.
Dates: September 23 – 27, 2018
Registration Deadline: September 11, 2018
To register online or to find out more visit banffcentre.ca.