This position has been filled.
Calgary Girls Choir is seeking an organized, energetic go-getter to fill the role of Accounting and Administrative Coordinator.
The Calgary Girls Choir (CGC) is a collection of five choral ensembles made up of Dolce, Viva, and Brava. Each offers exceptional choral music education and performance opportunities for girls and young women ages four to twenty-four years. The repertoire of the Choir ranges from folk song to contemporary classical music with the emphasis always on a repertoire of the highest quality.
The Accounting and Administrative Coordinator will possess the skills, experience, and motivation to run the business side of the CGC, ensuring the choir remains in good financial and reputational standing with choristers, parents, grant-providing bodies, AGLC (Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission), landlords, government, banking, staff and the CGC Board
This is a full-time position (40-hours per week), however, there will be an expectation to work on evenings and weekends on an occasional basis (during concerts and special events), compensated as time in lieu. Must be bondable and be able to provide a police clearance.
- Reporting to the Executive Committee and CGC Board, the CGC Office Manager will possess the skills, experience, and motivation to run the business side of the CGC, including:
- Complete recurring grant applications and follow-up reports.
- Manage Payables, Receivables, and Reporting (registration stats, bingo and fundraising credits, cash flow management), banking, government reports, and leases.
- Oversee choir registration.
- Attend weekly staff meetings; prepare and submit monthly office report for board meetings.
- Willing to participate in other office tasks when needed.
- Reply promptly to CGC telephone, emails and voicemails.
- Recruit and support volunteers for choir activities.
- Support fundraising, casino and bingo committees and board chairs.
- Financial: Strong accounting and bookkeeper skills.
- IT: Experience with using QuickBooks Online and all Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of or capacity to learn the use of Wild Apricot, website updates, and shared file servers.
- Communication: Good people skills, strong communication abilities, proficiency in written and verbal communication; conflict management skills; able to collaborate with staff, volunteers, temporary contractors, part-time employees, parents, Artistic Director, and the Board of Directors.
- Leadership: Self-motivated, good collaboration skills
- Organizational: Strong detail-orientation, ability to multi-task, is efficient and organized prior project management experience, and the ability to deal with complex dynamics, meet deadlines, a problem solver, self-advocator.
- Business administration certification an asset.
- Bookkeeping and/or accounting administration.
If you feel you are qualified for the role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Accounting and Administrative Coordinator in the subject line.
Only those candidates most qualified for the position will be contacted.