The application deadline for this opportunity has passed.
Deadline: January 18, 2019
The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra (CPO) is a cornerstone of Calgary’s multi-faceted arts community and since 1955, has grown to be one of North America’s finest and most versatile live music ensembles. A repertoire that is extensive and broad in scope consistently attracts acclaimed guest artists and conductors. The Calgary Philharmonic offers an average of 80 concerts per Season designed to fit all musical tastes.
The CPO has an exciting opportunity to add to a Senior Development Officer to our Development team. The Senior Development Officer reports to the Director, Development and works collaboratively with the entire CPO team. This individual must demonstrate the values of the CPO with emphasis on professionalism and strong ethical behaviour.
The Senior Development Officer identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards potential and existing donors on behalf of the CPO which includes both the Calgary Philharmonic Society and the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra Foundation. This includes working with the CEO to support the CPO’s major donors.
- Assessment: Identify and conduct research related to prospective donors. This includes working with the CPO Marketing & Sales team to identify ticket buyers who have the potential to become new donors.
- Cultivation: Develop relationships with prospects and donors and engage them with CPO concerts and other activities.
- Solicitation: Make “asks” of prospects and donors at an appropriate amount and time including Legacy/Planned Gifts.
- Stewardship: Maintain strong, positive relationships with all donors within the position’s portfolio including legacy/planned gift donors, and support other initiatives which contribute to the overall positive relationship with the CPO’s donor community.
- Maintain a portfolio of approximately 120 prospects and donors at various stages of engagement with the CPO.
- Prepare reports to track the performance of the position’s prospect and donor portfolio.
- Track prospect and donor-related activity in the Calgary Philharmonic fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge or equivalent).
- Collaborate with the CPO Marketing & Sales team to develop collateral and invitations for events and programs.
- Attend CPO concerts to host donors, patrons, and VIPs, and participate in offsite events, when and where required
- Work with the Development team to ensure two annual events take place in relation to Planned Giving to the CPO including education, cultivation and stewardship of Planned Giving prospects and donors.
- In the role of Senior Development Officer, there will be an opportunity to support and interact with the CPO Foundation Trustees.
- Support the Event Coordinator in the successful implementation of the Patrons Program (e.g. recitals, receptions, dinners.
- Meet with Patron Program members to secure their membership fees and to discuss their CPO interests and issues.
- Assist in the development and execution of strategies to grow the Patron Programs.
- Other activities and duties as may arise from time to time.
- Five to 10 years of fundraising experience.
- Ability to build strong, enduring relationship with a wide range of donors is essential.
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in the performing arts.
- Membership in AFP or CAGP an asset.
- CFRE certification an asset.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Demonstrated critical writing ability and the ability to gather and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
- Dedication to quality control and ownership of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team.
Must be available to work beyond office hours including attendance at evening/weekend concerts and events throughout the Season
Office Location: Floor 2, Arts Commons (205 8th Ave. SE)
Deadline: January 18, 2019
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer
We thank you for your interest in the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.