A fresh perspective on music theory and practice, Method Sessions is back for perhaps our most valuable workshops yet! In partnership with ATB’s Branch for Arts + Culture.
These are not your typical music lessons…
Our sessions are a one-of-a-kind experience, combining elements of a lecture, workshop and jam. (And if you’ve ever experienced a One Big JAM event, you know how we jam).
For more information or for tickets visit methodsessions.com.
This Music Enlightenment Series will intuitively break down and reconstruct the most fundamental concepts in music, and provide a highly-inclusive and constructive environment to learn and share ideas.
Dates and Subjects:
- Saturday, March 23, 2019: Focus on Rhythm
- Saturday, April 13, 2019: Focus on Harmony
- Saturday, May 18, 2019: Focus on Melody
- Saturday, June 15, 2019: Focus on Bass
Times: All sessions run from 12:00 to 3:00pm.
These concepts apply to all instruments and music styles.
Experiencing all four sessions will give you a solid grasp of music!
Valuable Quality Experiences
We strive to create unique and valuable experiences for upcoming musicians to learn from and engage with some of the top session musicians in the city.
Each session is led by:
- Steve Shepard (Bass)
- Barry Mason (Guitar)
- Robson Maurice (Drums)
- Chris Maric (Keyboards)
Each session provides:
- A three-hour workshop.
- Four highly-skilled and versatile professional teachers (drums, bass, guitar, and piano).
- A unique and practical approach to music theory.
- Valuable experience to collaborate and jam with professional musicians.
- Opportunities to network and connect with other musicians in the community.
Everyone is Welcome
We strive to curate a highly-inclusive environment, that provides great value to everyone who participates. A three-hour session led by four great musicians costs a small fraction of a typical lesson.
Whether you are a brand new musician, or just want to refresh your perspective of music, you will want to experience these workshops. (Especially those who feel stuck in one style of music, and want to branch out.)
These series are applicable for:
- Beginner and intermediate musicians.
- All styles of music.
- All instruments.
- Performers, producers and songwriters.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also curate bespoke experiences for organizations and schools to better engage with their employees and students.