Trickster Theatre is one of Alberta’s largest children’s theatre companies. It produces 35 to 50 week-long artist-in-school residencies per year, runs two popular educational resource websites and is involved in educational studies through relationships with school boards, universities and foundations. The company operates throughout Alberta and was founded in 1980.
In our 2018/19 season, Trickster Theatre will be supporting over 50 Alberta communities as they explore various aspects of the Alberta Education curriculum, leadership skills, literacy, and reconciliation. Throughout the year, Trickster will work with schools and communities from Fort Vermilion to Pincher Creek creating original performance pieces.
The Operations Assistant will play a key role in the success of our company and our program. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks. They will work with our Office Staff to offer logistical support to the teams of artists delivering the various programs we offer. This will include helping to coordinate school scheduling, contacting schools to set up appointments and collect logistics, special project management, booking hotels, tour statistics collection and reporting, as well as general production needs.
Assist with all office and residency planning related duties:
- Logistical support for in-school residencies.
- Confirming residency details and logistics.
- Potentially driving the company van with a trailer to local schools.
- Assist in the school grant process.
- Manage special projects as needed.
- General office organization and filing.
- General office reception.
- Organize, schedule, and track equipment.
- Source and purchase costumes, props, equipment, and vehicles as needed.
- Ensure all insurance data (both vehicle and equipment) is up-to-date.
- Research equipment updates and order new equipment as needed.
- Schedule and organize vehicle and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Tour supply management.
- Assist in the collection of data for operational grant applications and reporting.
- Collect program statistics for reporting purposes.
- Database upkeep and data entry.
- Assist in the planning of casinos.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years experience in arts administration, stage management or working in schools in an organizational capacity.
- Excellent computer skills (Mac and web).
- Very well organized.
- Strong desire to support the arts in schools.
- Helpful skills would also include graphics, web or video experience, driving with a trailer.
The position may include meetings in schools with the administration and parent volunteers; a current vulnerable sector police information check is required.
This is a permanent full-time position with an $18 to $21 per hour wage, depending on experience.
The company office is in NW Calgary, north of the Tuscany area (not accessible by transit).
Please send resume by email to production@trickstertheatre.
No phone calls please. Only those people chosen for interviews will be contacted.
The position will start mid-August 2018.