We are seeking a flexible, enthusiastic individual who is ready to make a difference in an arts organization by engaging volunteers and supporting staff, as we create smart, whimsical and visually stunning theatre that engages young people and their families in their schools, communities, city and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the success of the newly created volunteer program, which includes; recruitment, screening, training, placement, scheduling, and supervision of volunteers.
- Maintenance of volunteer files and database.
- Ensure volunteers are engaged in consistent and effective communication.
- Take on staffing of the weekly Farmers and Makers market, and quarterly open night at cSPACE.
- Fulfill the volunteer staffing needs for larger events, such as a public performance, two to three times per year.
- Contribute one-half day per week to office assistance in a variety of tasks.
Qualities and Requirements:
- Love of theatre and the arts.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and to effectively manage personal time with minimal supervision.
- Comfortably engage with the public.
- Experience with volunteer coordination or equivalent organizational/scheduling skills.
Details: This position is a volunteer position.
Flexible schedule with a mixture of working from home and at the Quest Theatre office at cSPACE King Edward (1721 29th Ave. SW) as needed.