The deadline for applications is October 22, 2018.
The CAAF Residency is a program offered by the Calgary Allied Art Foundation (CAAF)—a non-profit organization that supports and encourages the development of art and culture in Calgary. The residency program was developed to offer studio space to emerging artists in one to three-month duration.
The studio is located on the fourth floor of cSPACE King Edward. As a multi-disciplinary arts incubator, home to artists, non-profits and innovators, cSPACE is an arts hub offering ample opportunity for networking with other artists and like-minded individuals and groups.
CAAF Residency at cSPACE King Edward provides residents with an excellent opportunity to make contact with other working artists. During your residency, there may also be opportunities for exhibition, programming and open studio hours. All artists selected for the CAAF Residency are expected to undertake this opportunity professionally, respecting the studio space and their neighbours while acting as a representative of CAAF.
Applications are accepted from current residents of Canada; however, we are unable to supply travel stipends or grant assistance for out of town artists.
A fee of $700/month is paid to artists upon completion of the residency.
Residency applications should include:
- Project proposal: Please describe in detail the project you will be working on and the duration of residency you are applying for (one, two or three months). Please also state your months of preference or unavailability from February 2019 to January 2020.
- CV: In a maximum of three pages, describe your artistic background (i.e. education, grants, scholarships or awards received, previous exhibitions or performances, commissions, professional memberships, press clippings, etc.)
- 10 to 15 digital images of previous work. Images should be saved as high-resolution JPG files with a file size no larger than 1024 x 768 DPI or 2mb
- A corresponding image list indicating the artist’s name, the title of work, media and date of completion.
cSPACE King Edward
1721 29th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2T 6T7
- 300 square feet.
- Walls, white drywall.
- Room darkening blinds
- Natural light.
- Adjustable LED lighting.
- High-speed WiFi and fibre connectivity.
- Fully accessible.
Applications should be saved in either or PDF format and emailed to the residency committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit calgaryalliedartsfo