The Students’ Association is seeking a creative and skilled designer who will work as part of a team of communications, design, and engagement specialists to provide graphic design support for our medium sized, nonprofit organization.
Status: This is a full-time position over the summer, 35 hours per week.
Wage: $16.30 per hour
Term: May 6 – August 31, 2019
This role encompasses all aspects of graphic design, from project concept to completion. Under your supervisor’s direction, you will work on a variety of products and activities, using your creativity and knowledge to design and produce a number of print and digital visual designs. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software, and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
In particular, the successful candidate will:
- Design, produce and layout posters, banners, annual reports, pamphlets, publications, digital ads, web and social media graphics, photos, and videos.
- Work with internal clients, your supervisor and the communications team to design drafts and obtain approval of
communications concepts and materials.
- Meet all deadlines set by the supervisor.
- Coordinate with your team, your supervisor, and in-house and external printers to ensure production follow-up until delivery of final products.
- Assist the communications and marketing team with brainstorming, marketing, and advertising strategies.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and credentials:
- At least one year of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of the design process.
- Strong knowledge of typography and fonts.
- High level of attention to detail and strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Computer skills and training using Macs with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat), as well as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to function productively and effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to react to directional changes quickly and positively, and to receive and implement constructive feedback.
- A proactive team-oriented work ethic, i.e., a willingness to help others on projects as a need is uncovered.
- Some experience in photography and videography is also an asset.
- Working knowledge of print processes and experience using a large-format plotter is helpful but not necessary.
- Training will be provided on specific printing hardware.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2019
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although it is expected that the successful candidate will work regular daytime hours, some evening and weekend hours are occasionally required.
The Students’ Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU) represents and serves Mount Royal University students to help them succeed. SAMRU is a charitable organization that owns and operates the student centre, Wyckham House.