The Students’ Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU) is seeking a reliable, flexible, creative, and dynamic student to assist with filming/photographing Students’ Association promotions and events and editing videos.
Status: Full time, 35 hours per week
Wage: $16.30 per hour
Term: May 6 – August 31, 2019
This is a full-time, seasonal student position that will primarily involve filming and producing videos to help
promote the services and programs offered by the Students’ Association of Mount Royal University
- Research, develop, and produce videos that foster the mission statement, vision statement, and communications strategy of the Students’ Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU).
- Assist the supervisor regarding the production plan and physical realities of the production setting.
- Make technical decisions regarding elements such as appropriate lighting, shooting angle and placement and type of microphone.
- Transport equipment and supplies to and from location; position people, props, and equipment; oversee the security, operation and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing.
- Edit and assemble final visual/audio program material; ensure consistency and relevancy to production; monitor technical quality of end product.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and consistently meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cameras, photography, lighting, production techniques and standards.
- Skill in visualizing, shooting, and editing concepts effectively.
- Knowledge of iMovie, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects an asset.
- At least one year of experience in operating cameras, video equipment and editing software.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2019.
Please provide a resume, a portfolio of your work (if applicable) and a copy of your schedule/availability.
Applications can be dropped off at reception in room Z222 in the Wyckham House student centre, or
can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Students’ Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU) is a registered, non-profit, charitable organization. We represent and serve students to help them succeed.