Is there a cost?
No. Calgary Arts Development’s classified listing is a free service for Calgary’s arts community.
How long will my classified stay posted?
All classifieds are listed in order of date submitted with older ones remaining on the site for transparency. If you need it to be updated or removed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why did my ad get declined?
All classifieds must have an arts/culture component, be of relevance to Calgarians and be industry focused. Public events and activities should be submitted to What’s On for possible inclusion. We reserve the right to deny ads that we deem to be offensive, misleading, exploitative or inaccurate. Ads for jobs outside of Calgary and area may not be posted.
Please contact email@example.com for more details.
How long does it take to get approved?
All ads are moderated by Calgary Arts Development before they are published to the site. You can expect your ad to be posted within 24 hours (Monday to Friday) of submission.
Why has some of my ad changed?
Calgary Arts Development edits all ads for style, grammar and accuracy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
What should I include in my ad?
Follow these tips for a great classified:
- Be as specific and clear as possible.
- Use complete sentences rather than a series of phrases and random words. Don’t over capitalize words or use all caps. Make it easy to read.
- Include all pertinent information including:
- Who, what, when, where, why and how.
- Contact information.
- Important dates and deadlines.
- Website links.
- An introduction or summary paragraph at the beginning of the ad helps draw people in plus helps scrapers and search engines share your classified with a broader audience.
- Add a photo if at all possible. The best images are horizontal and will be cropped to 800 pixels by 600 pixels.
- For job postings and open calls, consider sharing salary ranges or payment. Unsure what to pay an artist? Use the CARFAC minimum fee schedule as a guideline.
- Include street addresses with location names. Make it easy for someone to find you.
How do I respond to an ad?
As all ads are user submitted, please respond as directed in the classified.
How do I edit, relist, cancel or delete my ad?
Email email@example.com with your changes and we’ll get it updated as soon as possible.
I still need help, who do I contact?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nick Heazell, Data and Website Coordinator, at 403.264.5330 ext. 213.