Through a $1,000,000 partnership with The City of Calgary started in 2016 and renewed for 2017, this program will allocate investments to arts organizations that have been affected by decreased revenues, such as earned and corporate support, and increased demand on programs as a result of the economic downturn.
These funds are provided in order to ensure that Calgarians continue to enjoy the benefits of, and have access to, a strong local arts scene.
The goal of this program is to provide one-time support for Calgary arts organizations that have been impacted by the economic downturn and global events.
Application Opens: April 10, 2017 at 9:00am MST
Application Deadline: May 8, 2017 at 4:30pm MST
To be eligible for Emergency Resiliency Funds, an organization must:
- Operate under an arts mandate.
- Be registered as a non-profit organization, corporation or society in the Province of Alberta.
- Maintain operations through the whole or majority of the year.
- Maintain a significant amount of activities that support Calgary artists or are accessible to Calgary citizens.
- Be receiving investment from Calgary Arts Development in 2017 through the Operating Grant Program, the Cornerstone Program or Organizational Opportunity Grant Program.
The following groups are ineligible for investment through this program:
- Political, trade union or fraternal lodge organizations.
- Degree- and diploma-granting educational institutes such as colleges and universities.
- Organizations that receive Emergency Resiliency Funding directly from The City of Calgary.
Calgary Arts Development staff review all applications for eligibility.
How to Apply
The application process will be available April 10, 2017 through our online granting interface. All applications must be submitted through the online granting interface by May 8, 2017 at 4:30pm MST.
If you have any questions about how to access your organization’s account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.476.2031.
If a deadline extension is required, Calgary Arts Development must receive a written request before this deadline. See the full Deadline Extension Policy for more information.
Contact email@example.com or 403.476.2031 if you have any questions about the program.
With this fund being open to more than 150 arts organizations, we anticipate that the demand for assistance will likely exceed the total amount available. Please read the full program guidelines before starting your application, as the guidelines and criteria have been updated for 2017.
The arts play an important role in diversifying our economy, shaping our identity, inspiring our youth, building our city, and providing opportunities for Calgarians to make connections. We thank The City of Calgary for their ongoing support of the arts sector and, specifically, for allocating a portion of their one-time Emergency Resiliency Funds to support Calgary Arts Development’s increased demand for grants for the arts organizations in Calgary during this economic downturn.