Operating Grant Program

Applications currently closed

Deadline: February 16, 2018, 4:30pm MST
Applications Open: January 2, 2018

The goal of the Operating Grant Program is to ensure that Calgary arts organizations have the opportunity to excel and strategically achieve their mandates with a stable base of resources.

Program Description

The Operating Grant Program invests annually in non-profit organizations with year-round, arts-driven operations, prioritizing organizations that demonstrate high artistic impact, public impact and organizational resiliency. Organizations may allocate these funds to any areas of their overall budgets.

Changes to the Operating Grant Program in 2018

The program guidelines have been updated for 2018. Please refer to the below changes and read the guidelines fully before beginning your application.

The competitive process applied in the 2016 Operating Grant Program will be renewed this year with the following adjustments:

  • Organizations that received operational funding of $3,000 or less will receive at least the same amount as their 2017 grant in 2018 and will be eligible to compete for more funding.
  • Organizations that received funding of more than $3,000 in 2016 and 2017 will receive at least 90% of their 2017 grant in 2018 and 2019. These organizations (along with those that received $3,000 or less in 2017) will compete for more funding from the remaining 10%, as well as any additional funds available.

The following new changes will also be in place for 2018:

  • The Organization Opportunity Grant will be discontinued and its recipients integrated into the Operating Grant.
  • Organizations that received operational funding through the Organization Opportunity Grant in 2016 and 2017 must apply to the 2018 Operating Grant into an eligible stream of their choice.
  • Granting amounts from the Organization Opportunity Grant will carry forward into the 2018 Operating Grant, subject to the guidelines described here.

Applicants not funded through the Operating Grant or the Organizational Opportunity Grant in 2016 will not be eligible to apply in 2018.

Information Sessions

Calgary Arts Development is offering two information sessions for the 2018 Operating Grant Program on Monday, January 29.

These information sessions are open to all eligible organizations to the Operating Program. Please note that to be eligible, your organization must have been funded in 2016 through the Operating Grant or Organization Opportunity Grant programs.

When: Monday, January 29, 2018, 1:30 – 3:30pm & 5:00 – 7:00pm
Where: Central Library Basement Meeting Room 2 (616 Macleod Trail SE)

Space is limited. RSVP by Friday, January 26, 2018.

Forms

Programming Form
Financial Form
Statistical Form
Board of Directors List
Certificate of Accuracy

Questions

Please refer to the Investment Program FAQs or contact the Community Investment team at 403.476.2031 or grants@calgaryartsdevelopment.com with any questions.

Share