Phase 1 Letter of Intent – Deadline: May 10, 2019, 4:30pm MST; Opens February 18
Phase 2 Application – Deadline: September 9, 2019, 4:30pm MST; Opens July 1
If you require any accommodations that would allow you to fairly access this process, please contact 403.476.2031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding & Timeframe:
- Minimum grants of $10,000, maximum requests of up to $50,000
- Total Pool of Funds: $300,000
Streams: 1) Community 2) Professional
Who Can Apply
- Non-profit arts organizations registered as societies in the Province of Alberta.
- Un-incorporated or unregistered non-profit arts-based groups, collectives, and organizations that can at minimum demonstrate the following:
- Effective leadership and ongoing operations for at least one year.
- Clear lines of accountability and defined roles/responsibilities.
- Rigorous and sustainable basic financial practices/tools.
- First Phase: Letter of Intent (online) submitted and peer-assessed with successful applications provided access to full application
- Second Phase: Full Application (online)
- Criteria: Artistic Impact, Public Impact, Organizational Resiliency
- Peer-led jury process
Notification of Results, Phase 1 Letter of Intent: Late June 2019
Notification of Results, Phase 2 Application: Mid October 2019
Read the program guidelines carefully before beginning your application. Download them as a PDF by clicking here.
We would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the Blackfoot and the people of the Treaty 7 region in southern Alberta, including the Siksika, Piikani, Kainaiwa, Tsuut’ina, and Stoney Nakoda First Nations.
We acknowledge that the city of Calgary is situated on lands where the Bow River meets the Elbow, and that the traditional Blackfoot name of this place is Mohkinstsis and the Michif Cree name is Ohtuskwan.
We also acknowledge that the city of Calgary is home to the Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3 within the historical Northwest Métis homeland.
Stay informed. Sign up for our weekly newsletter.