For Venues with Available Spaces
On behalf of Calgary Arts Development, thank you again for participating in SpaceFinder Alberta.
We want to take this opportunity to share ways that your organization can help promote the use of this online tool to direct more people to your listings on SpaceFinder Alberta.
We’ve included this toolkit to help you take full advantage of the launch by promoting your listing on SpaceFinder Alberta to people who are seeking space. Lots of ideas regarding social media, website buttons and key messages are included below.
Joni Carroll & Kari Watson
Promoting SpaceFinder Alberta to Your Community
SpaceFinder Canada Brand Guidelines
In collaboration with Fractured Atlas, SpaceFinder is one of the many tools and resources that ArtsBuild Ontario (ABO) has brought to the arts and culture sector in Canada. SpaceFinder is unique in that ABO has partnered with regional organizations to bring the free resource to new communities where it is needed, including Alberta.
A helpful metaphor for the relationship might be one of a franchise, in which the parent brand is placed into different marketing contexts based on region. As a regional partner, Calgary Arts Development is expected to be insightful and creative with the context, stories and messages we craft.
On Your Website
Help spread the word and post a web button on your website. Web buttons can be used on any of your sites as long as they remain unmodified and link to the proper page.
The “Find our space…” button is for space managers to promote your SpaceFinder listing. The button should link directly to your SpaceFinder listing or organization page.
The “Free to list. Free to search.” button can be used for organizations to promote SpaceFinder Alberta. The button should link to the SpaceFinder site at spacefinderalberta.org.
If you have any questions on how to use these buttons, please contact Calgary Arts Development’s Communications team at 403.264.5330 ext. 201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Twitter, tag us at @SpaceFinderAB or use #SpaceFinderAB. On Facebook we will occasionally share information on Calgary Arts Development’s Page. Please follow us to stay up to date and share our posts, we will try do the same. Suggested shares include:
- Use your accounts to let people know you are on SpaceFinder Alberta and link directly to your listing.
- Showcase photos of your space and tag us in them. We’d love to share them.
- Have an open house or an event where people can get to know you more? Let us know.
- Have Instagram? Tag your images with #yycLCL and #SpaceFinderAB.
Promoting your Space through Calgary Arts Development
Let us know what is happening in your space! We have many tools in place to help get the word out and would love to do so. Contact Calgary Arts Development’s Communications team at 403.264.5330 ext. 201 or email@example.com.
Key Messages + Facts for Venue Spokespeople
- SpaceFinder Alberta: List a space. Find a space. For free.
- This online marketplace links organizations with space to rent with those who need space.
- SpaceFinder is a tool to help Albertans get more use out of existing space. Less existing space will go under-used less often.
- SpaceFinder is an online marketplace for hourly, daily, weekly and long-term rentals.
- SpaceFinder will strengthen the creative, non-profit and small business sectors.
- Calgary Arts Development, in partnership with ArtsBuild Ontario, Fractured Atlas, and Arts Habitat Edmonton launched SpaceFinder Alberta in Calgary in 2016 and in Edmonton in 2017.
- SpaceFinder Alberta receives generous support from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts, the Department of Canadian Heritage, and the Alberta Real Estate Foundation.
- Many groups in the creative, non-profit and small business communities need space for meeting, creating, rehearsing, presenting, collaborating, gathering or celebrating. They spend considerable resources trying to find suitable and affordable spaces—and SpaceFinder Alberta can help!
- SpaceFinder Alberta can help venues reach new renter audiences! Venues spend significant resources trying to find the right renters for their spaces. These might include commercial renters to cross-subsidize non-profit rentals, or it might be renters who fit the venue’s mandate (e.g., youth and education).
- SpaceFinder Alberta will strengthen the creative, non-profit and small business sectors. From the user’s standpoint, SpaceFinder Alberta will streamline the search for appropriate and affordable space. It will bring more awareness to the community about your facilities and less space will go under-used.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SpaceFinder Alberta is a collaborative project by: